When a rental market has few properties but great demand it can be hard to secure a rental property.
I have compiled a few tips on how to ensure putting yourself in the best position possible to secure a home.
- Write a cover letter introducing yourself, family & any pets you may have.
- Request an application prior to the inspection
- Present yourself well at the inspection
- Have the application & 100 points of ID for each adult applying ready to go
- List any previous real estate agency references
- Have all funds ready to go – 4 weeks for the bond & 2 weeks advance rent
- Be ready to move in within two weeks from date of availability
- Let your current agency know that you are applying for properties and they may be contacted for a reference.
Happy house hunting!